Platinum TE™ Paspalum (Paspalum vaginatum) is Ideal for:
- Golf Course Greens
- Golf Course Fairways
- Golf Course Rough
- Golf Course Tee Boxes
- Sports Fields
Platinum TE Paspalum, introduced in 2007 by Turf Ecosystems and Dr. Ron R. Duncan, revolutionized the turfgrass market.
In just a few short years, Platinum TE now covers the globe with projects in six of the seven continents. This naturally selected paspalum is perfect for installation tee-to-green. Platinum TE is an environmentally sustainable, salt-tolerant turfgrass with superior appearance, playability and maintenance benefits for golf courses, sports venues, and other turfgrass areas.
- Shiny, exceptionally dark green color
- Very fine leaf texture
- Exceptional canopy density
- Superior low light intensity tolerance
- Rapid rooting and establishment from sprigs
- Aggressive grow-in from surface stolons
- Excellent general foliar disease resistance with proper management
- Tolerance of a wide range of mowing heights
- Distinct genetic profile separation from all other paspalum cultivars
- Minimal seed head exsertion in response to day length/photoperiod changes or environmental stress exposure
Platinum TE™ Paspalum Characteristics
Platinum TE has the finest leaf blade with excellent green color that can be closely mowed to heights below 1/8 inch.
Water Quality Tolerance
The most outstanding feature of Platinum TE is its exceptional salt tolerance. It will proliferate in soils irrigated with water containing 5,500 ppm of salt.
Platinum TE has superior disease tolerance, outperforming all other paspalums.
Platinum TE spreads quickly during establishment and forms a dense turf which will compete with the presence of weeds when properly maintained.
Platinum TE is susceptible to insects that feed on foliage of grasses.
All paspalum selections are sterile and must be propagated by transferring stolons or sod.
For more information about Platinum TE™ Paspalum, please contact us.